Our third episode welcomes comics scholar and pulp/victoriana master Jess Nevins to the show to talk about the details in comics. Which really boils down to Jess talking about things like the Golden Age Black Widow, Six Gun Gorilla, and what it’s like having Alan Moore as a friend.
- This Week’s Guest: If you want to find out more about Jess Nevins’ work, check out his website here, and his collected comic book annotations here. Also, check out Jess’s stuff on Amazon
- KRS One is writing a hip hop bible. Will you be a member of the new civilization? Thanks to KingOblivionPhD at the ISS for the heads up to our new world order.
- As if you need any more talk about Arkham Asylum, you get it.
- Seriously, you should check out issue 570 of The Fantastic Four, where Jonathan Hickman takes the writing helm. Read some of Chris’s thoughts at the ISB here.
- Read Andrew Hussie’s epic animated .gif adventures at MS Paint Adventures. Also, check out my interview with Ryan North, creator of Dinosaur Comics, over at PYDK Podcast!
- Check out Naoka Urasawa’s Monster for some great manga (are you happy Curt?!). Buy Volume 1 of Monster now!
- Correction(s): Thanks again to Gardner Linn for the correction on our Achewood discussion. Check out this strip to see Cartilage Head perform, whom we incorrectly identified as “Death” in last week’s ep. Thanks again, and check out Gardner’s comic Registered Weapon while you’re checking out some great webcomics.
- Once again, a big thanks to Jamillah Knowles of BBC 5Live’s show, Pods and Blogs, for the great mention and plug on the show and the site.