Comics journalist, blogger and industry professional Laura Hudson stops by to talk about professionalism in comics journalism, women in comics, and her personal history of being a cashier at a comics store. Also, Matt Wilson stops by again, as we talk about a very special 1990′s comic phenomenon.
(click on the above link for full size art by Rusty Shackles)
Download the Destructiveness Now! (link)
Or Destroy Your Ears Here:
The Show Rundown
- Our guest: please read Laura Hudson’s work at Comics Alliance. Check her out on twitter here. Also, be sure you check out her series, “Don’t Be That Guy” on Comics Alliance.
- Marvel Swimsuit Pic 1: The Wasp
- Marvel Swimsuit Pic 2: Dr. Strange
- Marvel Swimsuit Pic 3: Captain America
- Read Andrew’s dead on review of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 at his site, Armagideon Time.
- For more examples of the de-nudifying effect, like artists turning thongs to bike shorts, check out this post from Dave’s Long Box.
- Check out Awesomed By Comics and their response to “W.R.A.” The beef is on, EVIE AND AARON.
- Check out Matt’s website, The ISS, here. Check out Matt on twitter here.
- Make sure you read Chris’s hilarious ongoing “Worst of Netflix” series on Heavy.com.
- If you like interview shows, check out my other podcast, The People You Don’t Know.
- I cannot believe I got this episode edited and this post up on time with the SPX madness this weekend. If I forgot something in the show notes, I’ll be updating it throughout the week. I just wanted to get the show up in time. I am going to collapse now.