Hey guys, Happy Halloween from Rusty, Sims, and me, the War Rocket Ajax crew! Handin’ out only the full size candy bars at this house, kids.
We’re recording Episode 11 tonight with the inimitable James Lucas Jones, editor of Oni Press. We’ll be in costumes while we record. I promise. One word for what Chris is coming as: Psylocke. Yeah, let that haunt your nightmares.
Tweet or email your questions and make sure you check all apples for razors this weekend.
(Photo courtesy of The ISB).
SPOOOOOOKYYYYY. Get in the Halloween spirit with our guest Matt Sturges, as he talks about Blue Beetle, House of Mystery, and zombie princesses. Then, Evie and Aaron from Awesomed By Comics stop by, as Chris and Aaron engage in a Castlevania Trivia Contest to determine once and for all, how much does Simon’s Quest really suck?
Euge here. My hip hop music EP is now available for free download, recorded with fellow emcee Charles Knox. All original music, recorded over the last year. Check it out at this link, and I hope you enjoy it.
Check back Monday for our HALLOWEEEEEEEN EPISODE. SPOOOOKY.
Tonight! October 21! We are recording with special guest Matt Sturges, author of Jack of Fables, House of Mystery, and the novel Midwinter. He’ll be our guest for our tenth episode, which is of course our Halloween special. So be sure to tweet or email questions for Matt!
Also, check out AdamWarRock.com for the new Awesomed By Comics beef track.
Comics writer Tom Peyer stops by to talk politics and responds to the rabid fanbase of Legion of Super-Heroes once and for all. Also, Chris Haley of Let’s Be Friends Again sits in the third chair, as we discuss….well, you don’t want to know what we discuss.
- For more information on everything about Tom Peyer, please visit his website here. Also, Tom’s on twitter. Also, buy Tom’s works on Amazon.
- Check out Let’s Be Friends Again at their website. Also, Curt and Chris are on twitter. Be sure you tell them “domo arigato” for me.
- As mentioned in the episode, Telltale Games has come out with a new episode of their series of Monkey Island games. You can check out more on the website.
- Keep checking out The Awesomed by Comics Podcast.
- Big Ups: check out Sims’s best Draculas post on ComicsAlliance.
- Sims has been churning out great content at not only The ISB, but also at ComicsAlliance and Heavy.com. Please check them out if you get a chance.
- Check out AdamWarRock.com for some fresh rhymes and dope beats. Also, you can download the latest beef track there in mp3 high quality form.
Hello War Rocketeers (I’m still working on what to call you guys). Euge here. If you haven’t listened to our newest Episode, I’ve announced a new music project and website for my raps and swears. But seriously, AdamWarRock.com is now up and running, and while I’m getting the concept album written, recorded, produced, and mastered (release sometime in 2010, DJ producer announcement is coming within the next week, hopefully), I’ll be posting up tracks, both old and new and sorta-new, to the site on a regular basis. So check it out, and please, if you want to join in on the fun, email adamwarrockmixtape_at_gmail.com, beats, rhymes, or life all accepted. Hopefully by the end of next week, I’ll have over an album’s worth of tracks posted up there. I write and record A LOT, so stay tuned to the site.
But enough of that. For our NINTH episode, we have with us special guest Tom Peyer, writer of many titles, including Hourman, Legion of Super-Heroes, and of course, Stephen Colbert’s Tek Jansen. We’ll be recording with Tom this Friday, the 16th, so be sure to email or twitter us your questions, as we roll along with the show!
Also, be sure to check out Awesomed By Comics latest diss track, sorta, to us in Episode 63 at this link. I’m preparing something special for them in response. Not sure when I’ll have it done though. PREPARE YOURSELVES EVIE AND AARON.
It’s the Bonus Round! As our resident artist Rusty Shackles debuts on the War Rocket Ajax program. Matt Wilson a/k/a King Oblivion PhD comes back to talk about the Marvel Swimsuit Issues. I go to SPX 2009 and report from the floor. And we talk about the conclusion to Planetary and take your twitter questions for US. Who can smash the car FASTER?
SPX Show Notes:
- First and foremost, for all information about SPX, go to the website.
- Everything about my co-host Alvaro is at his website, Here Comes the Thunder. To hear the Everything is Wonderful guys intervewed on PYDK, check it out here.
- Check out more of Joe Dunn and Phil Chan’s work at DigitalPimpOnline.com
- For more information on Liz Baillie’s stuff, check out her website. Also, check out the winners of this year’s Ignatz winners and Nerdlingers winners.
- You can see all of Phil McAndrew’s stuff at his website, and hear him interviewed on PYDK here.
- Check out Box Brown’s works at his website, as well as his webcomic Bellen.
- For more information on Colleen and Marianne’s dedication to Lumberjack Day, as well as The Field Guide to Lumberjacks, go to the website.
- Also I guess check out Curt and Chris at Let’s Be Friends Again.
- Swimsuit pic #1: click here
- Swimsuit pic #2: click here
- Check out Rusty’s Covered Blog Spiderwoman piece here! Also, be sure to head over to his website for more of his awesome artwork.
- For more info on Matt and The ISS, check out the website. Here’s the article that he talked about in the haters segment, written by Dr. Puppykicker.
- Check out Chris’s Comics Alliance facebook article here. Also everywhere else it was linked to this week.
- Check out the War Rocket Ajax crew on the Between the Panels podcast, Blackest Night Special Rise #3 at the website here.
- Check out AdamWarRock.com and let’s get this party started quickly right?
- Holy mother of god, how many show notes did we have?
What’s beef? We start off blazing with our new beef track against the Awesomed By Comics crew. Then writer Benito Cereno comes on the program to usher in October with some talk about Hector Plasm, as well as putting his own sorta-Internet beef to bed. We also have Kevin Church stopping by to address a particularly intense hater’s beef regarding a certain bodily function. All in this jampacked edition of War Rocket Ajax.
The Show Rundown
- Our guest: Please check out Benito’s blog here! Check him out on twitter here.
- The Tick! Ask your retailer to order it with the code: SEP09 0937. Or order it online here! You know you want it, suckers!
- Our third chair: You can find out more information about Kevin at his website, or at Agreeable Comics, where you can also find all of his webcomics like: She Died in Terrbonne, The Rack, and The Loneliest Astronauts. Also follow him on twitter.
- Read Sims’ Woman of A.C.T.I.O.N. over at Action Age Comics. And check out artist Chris Piers on twitter, or over at the Television Zombies podcast.
- Check out our friends at the Awesomed By Comics podcast, where they put together a fantastic show!
- If you’re not reading Nedroid, you’re missing out.
- Kate Beaton, I’m sorry I accidentally emailed you a story about a microwave bacon cooker. Hope you can come on a future episode of War Rocket Ajax!
- Please check out Nate Powell’s great graphic novel, Swallow Me Whole from Top Shelf Productions. Also, I said they were twins. They’re step-siblings. Sorry about that, but check it out, it’s a magnificent book.
- Beat used is “On Golden Void” from Alex Goose’s compilation of submitted beats for Jay-Z’s Blueprint 3. Check them out here.
- Big Ups! – Master Kevin Church wishes you big ups, sir. And Chris wishes you guys big ups too.
- Make sure you read Chris’s hilarious ongoing “Worst of Netflix” series on Heavy.com.
- If you like interview shows, check out my other podcast, The People You Don’t Know.
- All links should open up in new windows. Sorry about that, streaming listeners! Though the sidebar amazon links may not, since those are autogenerated. And sorry about the size of this file, the bit rate was as low as it could go. Nothing could be done about it.