After discussing his work on PunisherMAX pretty much every week it’s come out, we finally managed to snag an interview with Scalped, Wolverine and X-Men writer Jason Aaron on this week’s show! He even braved a deadly gas leak to talk with us about VHS cinema, crazy storytelling, characterizing the Punisher, his CBR column, collaborating with artists to create super-cool scenes, a hint about what Bullseye whispered in Frank’s ear and a ton more! Plus, we take on a hater who…well, um…has a point. Plus, we welcome Hundo Clubber Clayton Johnston to our third chair!
Download the Destructiveness Now! (link)
Or Destroy Your Ears Here:
- You can find more of Jason’s thoughts (when he’s not addled by natural gas) on Twitter and his blog!
- As promised, here’s the car from Corvette Summer.
- The famous column in which Jason Aaron told Alan Moore to go fuck himself.
- Wikipedia characterizes Kansas City barbecue sauce as “thick and sweet.” Until Jason takes us on a barbecue tour, I won’t believe otherwise.
- Clayton’s checks and recs: Registered Weapon’s “Date Night,” Notes, Man Factory’s Street Fighter II opera
- Chris’ checks and recs: Reddit’s “Batman academic,” Akira the Don’s “The Life Equation”
- Matt’s checks and recs: Getting back on Tumblr, Four Lions
- Music used: Man Factory, “Where Is Ryu?”; Akira the Don, “The Life Equation”; Killer Mike, “Ric Flair”
Comics Talked About:
Shameless Self Promotion:
- The @FakeAPStylebook book, Write More Good, is still available to buy right here!
- Check out Sims at The ISB, Comics Alliance, his webcomic Awesome Hospital, as well as the complete Solomon Stone at ActionAgeComics.
- Check out Matt’s Fake e-Etiquette Twitter feed, his Tumblr and his blog.
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
- Check out Max Huffman on Twitter, or at his site.
- Check out Rusty Shackles on Twitter, or at his site.
Please leave us a review on iTunes if you have the time! Also, remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast_at_gmail.com!