In celebration of his brand new Punisher #1, Greg Rucka — writer of Detective Comics, Whiteout, Queen and Country, Stumptown, Gotham Central, Wolverine and a ton more — stopped by to talk to us about it his new webcomic and, of course, Batman. We get deep into the nature of those characters and heroism. Plus, why Wonder Woman’s DC’s best character and Superman’s so difficult to write. Plus, Chris and Matt answer a listener question about their old Carolina hometowns!
- Greg’s on Twitter, so give him a follow! And check out his website, too!
- Lady-Sabre.com or LadySabre.com? U-Decide! (WARNING: Autoplaying music on that second one.)
- For those unfamiliar with Portland’s Major League Soccer team, the Timbers, here’s their website.
- See Chris’ lifelong dreams come true with Kevin Conroy and Adam West.
- Earl Scruggs (who Matt was totally wrong about writing “Dueling Banjos”) vs. Masta Killa: The battle of the hometowns.
- Chris’ checks and recs: Batman interviews, Legend of Ricky Thunder
- Matt’s checks and recs: Shadow Complex, Adam Warrock’s new single, “Study Hall”
- Music used: Pavement, “Silence Kit”
Comics Talked About:
- Punisher #1
- Flashpoint #4
- Superman #714
- La Mano Del Destino
Shameless Self Promotion:
- The @FakeAPStylebook book, Write More Good, is still available to buy right here!
- Check out Sims at The ISB, Comics Alliance, his webcomic Awesome Hospital, as well as the complete Solomon Stone at ActionAgeComics.
- Check out Matt’s Fake e-Etiquette Twitter feed, his Tumblr and the ISS.
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
- Check out Max Huffman on Twitter, or at his site.
- Check out Rusty Shackles on Twitter, or at his site.
Please leave us a review on iTunes if you have the time! Also, remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast_at_gmail.com!