We’re back to our regular format this week with Ben Jones, director of some of the best episodes of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and animator/storyboard artist on lots of stuff including The Iron Giant, Harvey Birdman and Teen Titans! We talk to him about how he got his start in animation, what it means to have a classic animation style, and, of course, that show with that Batman dude in it. Also: We welcome Hundo Club member James Meiers to chat with us and hear yet another wonderful reading from Thrasher magazine!
- Follow Ben on Twitter!
- Watch the final moments of Batman: Brave and the Bold. It’s an homage to Batman ’66!
- In cast you forgot about it, here’s the Wikipedia page for the WildC.A.T.S. cartoon.
- It’s the famous Rainbow Batman!
- Hey! Go leave us a review on iTunes! And while you’re at it, tell us which WRA Classic episodes you’d like to see there.
- The Macho Man intrudes on Skyrim.
- James’ checks and recs: Albuquerque Comic-Con, FilmDrunk Frotcast
- Chris’ checks and recs: Skyrim, Saint’s Row the Third
- Matt’s checks and recs: iTunes, Alan Wake
- Music used: The Who, “Batman”
Comics Talked About:
- The Activity #2
- Amazing Spider-Man #677
- OMAC #5/Frankenstein #5
Shameless Self Promotion:
- The @FakeAPStylebook book, Write More Good, is still available to buy right here!
- Check out Sims at The ISB, Comics Alliance, his webcomic Awesome Hospital, as well as the complete Solomon Stone at ActionAgeComics.
- Check out Matt’s Fake e-Etiquette Twitter feed, his webcomic Copernicus Jones, his Tumblr and the ISS.
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
- Check out Max Huffman on Twitter, or at his site.
- Check out Rusty Shackles on Twitter, or at his site.
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast_at_gmail.com!
Leave us reviews on iTunes!