Our old pal Chris Roberson drops by this week with artist Rich Ellis to talk about their new IDW series, Memorial! Hear about the difficulties and the fun of drawing crazy abstractions, what led the guys to create a modern-day fairy tale, the secret origin of Memorial and its connections to Doctor Who, an honest assessment of director and Visionary Genius™ Zack Snyder, and much more! Plus, we answer a listener question about the etiquette of artist sketch requests!
- Follow Chris and Rich on Twitter, and check out their websites!
- Check out a preview of Memorial’s second issue here.
- How did we live for a day without Wikipedia? Here’s a list of candidates for the all-cat superteam.
- It’s apparently a little hard to find, but here’s one place you can find Stuart Immonen’s 50 Reasons to Stop Sketching at Conventions.
- Barney Rubble: Dick.
- Be sure to tell us what WRA classic episodes you want to see on iTunes!
- Chris’ checks and recs: The circus, House of Anubis
- Matt’s checks and recs: Doing stand-up, Mark Twain’s Autobiography 1910-2010
- Music used: The Kinks, “I’ll Remember”
Comics Talked About:
- Wonderella collection
- Wonder Woman #5
- Batman #5
Shameless Self Promotion:
- The @FakeAPStylebook book, Write More Good, is still available to buy right here!
- Check out Sims at The ISB, Comics Alliance, his webcomic Awesome Hospital, as well as the complete Solomon Stone at ActionAgeComics.
- Check out Matt’s Fake e-Etiquette Twitter feed, his webcomic Copernicus Jones, his Tumblr and the ISS.
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
- Check out Max Huffman on Twitter, or at his site.
- Check out Rusty Shackles on Twitter, or at his site.
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast_at_gmail.com!
Leave us reviews on iTunes!