On this week’s show Glory and Hell Yeah writer Joe Keatinge sits down to chat with Chris and Matt! Among the topics we cover are Joe’s love of pro wrestling, how he got involved in the Extreme Comics revival, how he got so into violence, what should follow the question “Are you OK?” and much more! Plus, Chris gives some big ups to some haters who love too hard.
- Follow Joe on Twitter and Tumblr!
- Portable Grindhouse really is an awesome book. Give it a look.
- Ninja Turf is available in its entirety on YouTube! Keep an eye out for Biff!
- To understand the violence of Spawn, read the description of one of its characters, Gino.
- Here’s Chris’s big piece on John Cena for Grantland.
- If you’re up to it, expose yourself to the response to Amy Nicholson’s Avengers review at Box Office Magazine, A.O. Scott’s New York Times review or Chris’ review.
- Chris’ checks and recs: FCBD 2012, “Smash Boom Bang!“
- Matt’s checks and recs: FCBD 2012, The Beastie Boys’ “Hello Nasty“
- Music used: Motor Skills, “Right as Hell”
Comics Talked About:
- Batman #9
- The Tick #100
- American Barbarian HC
Shameless Self Promotion:
- You can get Matt’s book, The Supervillain Handbook, here!
- The @FakeAPStylebook book, Write More Good, is still available to buy right here!
- Check out Sims at The ISB, Comics Alliance, his webcomic Awesome Hospital, as well as the complete Solomon Stone at ActionAgeComics.
- Check out Matt’s Fake e-Etiquette Twitter feed, his webcomic Copernicus Jones, his Tumblr and the ISS.
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
- Check out Max Huffman on Twitter, or at his site.
- Check out Rusty Shackles on Twitter, or at his site.
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast_at_gmail.com!
Leave us reviews on iTunes!