John Rogers, writer of IDW’s Dungeons and Dragons comic, former writer of DC’s Blue Beetle and showrunner on TNT’s Leverage, joins us for this week’s show to talk about his work with Mark Waid’s Thrillbent digital comics project, the draft he wrote of the Halle Berry Catwoman movie, how he got hired by DC Comics by making fun of them on his blog, exactly what a “dirty over” is an much more! Plus, we answer some listener mail about The Legend of Korra!
- Follow John on Twitter, check out Thrillbent and read his blog!
- Here’s the blog post that made John a DC Comics writer.
- Part one and part two of Chris and Uzumeri’s Catwoman review. 28 writers were involved in writing the movie, but John was one of four that got a credit.
- Not familiar with Gerry Anderson’s UFO? This site’s got all kinds of info.
- X-Con was this weekend and Chris managed to get on the local news (not for any crimes, sadly).
- Chris’ checks and recs: Chikara Pro Wrestling, The Three Musketeers
- Matt’s checks and recs: TFAW interview/contest, Rifftrax features on Hulu
- Music used: LCD Soundsystem, “Thrills”
Comics Talked About:
- Flex Mentallo HC
- Saga #3
- Justice League #9
Shameless Self Promotion:
- You can get Matt’s book, The Supervillain Handbook, here!
- The @FakeAPStylebook book, Write More Good, is still available to buy right here!
- Check out Sims at The ISB, Comics Alliance, his webcomic Awesome Hospital, as well as the complete Solomon Stone at ActionAgeComics.
- Check out Matt’s Fake e-Etiquette Twitter feed, his webcomic Copernicus Jones, his Tumblr and the ISS.
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
- Check out Max Huffman on Twitter, or at his site.
- Check out Rusty Shackles on Twitter, or at his site.
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast_at_gmail.com!
Leave us reviews on iTunes!