Our guest this week is the an accomplished critic and commentator, as well as the writer of Judge Dredd Mega City Two: City of Courts, Douglas Wolk! We talk to him a ton about the history of Judge Dredd and 2000 AD, balancing being a critic and a creator at the same time, fans becoming creators, the moving target of authorship, and, of course, Prince. Plus, more entries into our Every Story Ever list!
Download the Destructiveness Now! (link)
Or Destroy Your Ears Here:
- Follow Douglas on Twitter!
- Here’s his review of Prince’s Batman ’89 soundtrack.
- Check out Kieron Gillen’s Decompressed podcast.
- Here’s David Brothers’ article about the 2000 AD “Trifecta” crossover.
- The character who made the jump from fan-fic to 2000 AD? Judge Ishmael.
- Chris’ check and rec: New apartment, Perturbator’s “Dangerous Days”
- Matt’s check and rec: Job stuff, Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign
- Music used: Creepue, “Batman”
Comics Talked About:
- Justice League #31
- Superman #32
- Copra #15
Donate to the Show:
Shameless Self Promotion:
- For all Chris’ stuff, check out his about.me page!
- For all Matt’s stuff, check out his about.me page!
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast at gmail.com!
Leave us reviews on iTunes!