Afua Richardson joins us for this week’s show, and while you may know her as the cover artist of Black Panther: World of Wakanda and artist of Genius from Image Comics among other comics projects, she’s also worn many, many other hats including singer, voice actress, beatboxer, floutist, and the list goes on. Also, she’s on a first-name basis with KRS-One, which obviously makes her one of our favorite guests. In addition to all that, we also talk about taking breaks from work, adding symbolism to art, her X-Men ’92 variant cover, and much more! Plus, we take a listener question that relates to Every Story Ever!
- Follow Afua on Twitter!
- Here’s a look at the symbols embedded in the various World of Wakanda covers.
- And here you can see all the symbolism in the cover to Genius #1.
- Chris’ checks and recs: Fan2Sea cruise, watching Batman v. Superman, Overwatch, Jeremy Parish’s Castlevania: Symphony of the Night articles on USGamer
- Matt’s check and rec: Emerald City Comic-Con, “RTJ3“
- Music used: MC Lars ft/KRS-One, “Gospel of Hip-Hop”
- Motor Crush #2
- Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #4
- Jughead #12
Check out our sponsor!
Go to lootcrate.com/warrocketajax and use the code “warrocketajax” to get $3 off a new subscription!
Donate to our Patreon!
It’s easy! Just go to patreon.com/WarRocketAjax to kick in as little as $1 per month!
Shameless Self Promotion:
- For all Chris’ stuff, check out The ISB!
- For all Matt’s stuff, check out his author page!
- Check out all Euge’s music at AdamWarRock.com.
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast at gmail.com!
Leave us reviews on iTunes!