We’re wading back into the world of tabletop gaming this week as we talk to game designer Alex Roberts about her new game, Star Crossed! We talk about mechanics versus story, how that might be a false binary, LARPing, which comics characters might make the best star-crossed lovers, building relationships in games, how horror and romance are similar, and so much more! Plus, Matt and Chris take a space adventuring listener question!
- Follow Alex on Twitter!
- Want to LARP? Try the Golden Cobra Challenge or your local Amtgard branch.
- Dread is a great game that inspired Star Crossed!
- My Brother’s Husband is pretty cheap on Amazon!
- Here’s where you can donate to help William Messner-Loebs.
- Chris’ check and rec: Apocrypals, Cocaine and Rhinestones
- Matt’s check and rec: Columbus Podcast Festival, Good Christian Fun
- Music used: Dense Galaxy, “Toes Crossed”
- DC Dark Nights: Metal #6
- Marvel Two-in-One #5
- Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay #6
Visit the store!
Donate to our Patreon!
It’s easy! Just go to patreon.com/WarRocketAjax to kick in as little as $1 per month!
Shameless Self Promotion:
Remember to send in your listener questions to warrocketpodcast at gmail.com!
Leave us reviews on Apple Podcasts!