We’re back from our Labor Day break with artist and writer, Colleen Coover. Our topic is “All Ages,” as we talk to Colleen about writing for both younger and older audiences, ranging from the younger themed Banana Sunday to her more adult-oriented title Small Favors. We also talk about how our habits of comic buying and reading have changed since childhood, and have a long, detailed discussion about what it’s like working for Marvel, the distinctive traits of a monkey, and the concept of new jack swing. Also, a special guest stops by to address a hater.
- This Week’s Guest: If you want to find out more about Colleen Coover’s work, please go to her website here. Also, check out her books on Amazon.. We also cut out some discussion of it, but I highly recommend you read Colleen’s story, The Boogeyman, in the collection paperback, Sexy Chix. It is a gorgeously drawn and emotionally beautiful story, and is one of my favorites.
- Also be sure to check out Matt Wilson’s hilarious work at the great website, The International Society of Supervillains here.
- Jay-Z’s The Blueprint 3 is now available to actually, y’know, buy. Download it now.
- For reference: new jack swing.
- Please check out Tom Katers’ awesome podcast, Tom vs. The Flash here. Thanks for the mention, and congrats on the wedding, Tom!
- Check out the comics podcast, Awesomed by Comics here. Evie, we’ll work on shoving in that Tony! Toni! Tone! reference, I promise.
- To the Haters: Hey The Yellow Dart, big ups! Hey Chris’s hater, big ups!
- Also, please check out Chris and me on Episode 96 of Television Zombies, where we talk about Anita Blake! Thanks again to Chris Piers for the invite.